Friday, March 15, 2013

14.03.2013 Amaranthe @ Klubi

Hi everyone once again and welcome to my blog !

Yesterday I was at the Turun Klubi to watch a band called Amaranthe, who came all the way from Sweden to perform here in Finland. 

Amaranthe on the stage
Picture taken by me, with Nokia Lumia 800. Editing done with Lomogram
There was also a warming up band before Amaranthe was going to play, and the band for warming up was called One Morning Left. The OML -band had a really strange kind of music, the variety of it was so huge, that my brain was almost hurting. A while it had really good headbanging moments and a good growl vocals by the lead singer, and then the good feeling and moment was straight ripped out when the drummer started to sing with some Justin Bieber kinda voice.. Not for me. And the melodic was the same, first sum heavy double-bass drumming with a good guitars, was suddenly transferred to something completely different.. Technoheavy boom boom.. Strange.

Then was time, for Amaranthe to show up. The whole club was full of people and everyone were exited ! Well, I was too ! There was so much people that the place was very crowded, and good places were wanted.. I was having a good place on my own, and I wasn't the only one. Then there came few blondes, whom were a little bit too drunk to say at least. Well, I did not care, let everyone enjoy their favorite bands.

Morten Lowe Sorensen in the drums
Picture taken by me, with Nokia Lumia 800. Editing done with Lomogram

When the gig was in the middle of it's time, I was already full of those blondes. They seem to be lost in a metal gig instead of an dance club. Well, I still tried to avoid not to be disturbed. And then the other one stepped on my foot, ouch. She apologized me at least, so I did not care.

The band were having a blast, and so did we, the crowd. We were banging our heads, showing metal signs, raising our fists in the air and singing a long with the band. What could possible be better ?

Well, during the gig there was also one dangerous situation, when a fan (who was hanging on a fence, where I think you are not allowed to be..) was dropped backwards and did take down few people at the same. Hopefully no one did not hurt themselves, at least after the situation, everyone got up. Except one elderly man was little bit frustrated and hurting .. But after a while he did go to bathroom and came back to have a good time.

Elize and Jake
Picture taken by me, with Nokia Lumia 800. Editing done with Lomogram
Well, I have to say it was a really good gig from Amaranthe and everyone had a good time ! Except maybe those who were down for a while, did not think about that for a while .. Hopefully they enjoyed otherwise.

After the gig, when Amaranthe ended the actual playing, they started a chant "Suomi Finland Perkele!", and the whole crowd were into that. It was a bit hilarious  to say the least. 

And for the final word I have to say, the light-show for  Amaranthe was awful, and if someone in the audience had an epilepsy  they had to have some kinda of an epileptic stroke... Hngh...Well, let's hope that everyone survived without any strokes. 

Those rapidly flashing lights, not my thing, got almost blind.

Elize and enlightenment
Picture taken by me, with Nokia Lumia 800. Editing done with Lomogram
Almost forget, you can listen to Amaranthes upcoming album "The Nexus" for a limited time !
http://www.imperiumi.net/index.php?act=page&id=54

No comments:

Post a Comment